Introduction of customized Polyethylene Cold Applied Tape: How to wind polyethylene tape?
Before the construction of polyethylene tape, the pipes need to be cleaned up, and then the pipe primer should be applied. After these tasks are completed, the tape is wound. This is a very important step in the pipeline construction, so it is very important to correctly master the winding method. Let's follow the editor of customized Polyethylene Cold Applied Tape to have a simple understanding!
1. When the weather is cold, the ambient temperature is lower than 10°C, or the adhesive layer of the tape is hard when it is just started to be wound, in order to ensure that the polyethylene tape has good bonding strength and at the same time remove the water vapor on the surface of the steel pipe, it is advisable to use a blowtorch to preheat the steel pipe. Surface (you need to bake each roll of tape head if necessary) to ensure the winding effect.
2. For the welding seam, if necessary, it is advisable to use a narrow strip of tape with a width of 30-50 mm to reinforce it, first cover the welding seam, and compact it with hands or a wooden smooth tool.
3. Use appropriate machinery or hand tools to spirally wind the polyethylene tape on the primed pipe according to the overlap requirements. The tape should maintain a certain tension, and the force should be uniform to make the tape layers tightly connected. The seams of the tape should be parallel and not twisted or wrinkled. There should be more than 100 mm overlap at the joint of the two ends of the tape. If necessary, apply primer or fully bake the base film at the end of the previous section of tape, and then lap the beginning of the other section of tape after the surface is dry. The start and end should be pressed tightly with a wooden smooth tool so that it does not rise.
4. The use of machinery is a powerful measure to ensure the quality of tape winding. It is difficult for hand-wound tape to achieve uniform surface quality and consistent tension. Only in special circumstances, when mechanical construction cannot be carried out, hand-wound tape can be used. However, tape with a narrower width should be used.
5. When prefabricating tape on site, cold winding or hot winding can be used. It can be pipe rotation (manual rotation or electric rotation) or winding equipment rotation. The pipe end should be reserved for welding of 150-200 mm. .
6. The polyethylene tape for repairs, elbows, and walls should be narrower in width.
The above is the editor of customized Polyethylene Cold Applied Tape: a brief introduction to the winding method of polyethylene tape.