Visco-Elastic Tape filler paste ISO 21809-3
Visco-Elastic Tape filler paste/ ISO 21809-3
Visco-Elastic Filler Paste is a corrosion preventing moulding paste that is especially designed for high temperature applications. It adheres extremely well to steel and factory applied pipeline coatings like PE, PP and FBE.
Visco-Elastic Filler Paste is a non-toxic, cold-applied, and visco-elastic moulding paste, based on a compound consisting of non-crystalline, low-viscosity, non-crosslinked (fully amorphous), non-reactive Polyisobutene.
Visco-Elastic Filler Paste is viscous at the indicated operating temperatures. Due to its liquid nature it has a set of unique properties like cold-flow into all irregularities of the substrate and self-healing of the complete coating system. The compound does not cure and is unable to build up internal stress. Visco-Elastic Filler Paste is fully resistant to water and has a very low gas- and water vapour permeability.
Visco-Elastic Filler Paste requires an additional flexible mechanical protective layer like Visco-Elastic Tape. This improves impact and indentation resistance of the coating system and supports the self- healing ability of small damages like dents and cuts. Optionally a rigid mechanical protective layer can be applied on top.
Features & Benefits
• Controlled cold flow providing permanent inflow into the finest pores of the substrate
• Conforms to irregular shapes
• Low surface tension; adheres on many types of dry substrates at a molecular level
• Adhesion based on vanderWaals forces
• Inert to ageing and weathering
• No osmosis or underfilm migration of moisture
• No cathodic disbondment
• Environmentally friendly, no health and safety hazards to humans
• Resistant to many chemicals like water, salts, acids, alkalis, polar solvents, etc. For additional information,
• Easy to apply
• Easy to control application
• Surface tolerant: no blasting techniques required, wire brushing is sufficient (ISO 8501-1: St 2)
• Can be moulded onto various types of irregular shaped objects
• Cathodic Protection (CP) of steel structures is not affected
• Guaranteed performance
Ø More details product information and datasheet, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org